With all the pills and syrups and creams available today, it’s hard to see any use for old home remedies. But there is merit in some of the old wifey cures! They do work.
- If you suffer from indigestion, try sipping a cup of peppermint tea after your meal. Avoid this if you have acid reflux, however, as it may make it worse.
- Research suggests that honey may be more effective than over-the-counter cough syrup at quelling night-time coughing. Take two teaspoonsful at bedtime.
- Did you know that broccoli is good for healthy gums? This green vegetable is an excellent source of vitamin C and provides calcium, too.
- Cranberries contain a substance that appears to keep bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract. Prone to UTIs? Try a cranberry supplement.
- If you feel a migraine or headache coming on, drink a big glass of water immediately. Dehydration can trigger headaches, so try to avoid it.