- 2 salmon fillets
- 200 g (7 oz) on-the-vine cherry tomatoes
- 100 g (3½ oz) kale
- 50 g (1¾ oz) quark
- 50 g (1¾ oz) low fat soft cheese
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 450 g (1 lb) spinach
- To Serve: new potatoes.
For those of us who love fish on our dish, salmon is a tasty — and healthy — choice.
It’s not only a great source of protein, it’s also rich in the fatty acids which have been shown to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and decrease risk factors for disease.
This Salmon With Creamed Spinach Sauce recipe is a great place to start!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg. C., 400 deg. F., Gas Mark 6.
- Place the salmon and tomatoes on the vine in a small roasting tin and roast in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the kale in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, then drain.
- Place the quark, soft cheese, kale and nutmeg in a food processor and purée. Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water until just wilted. Add half to the food processor and pulse again.
- Place remaining spinach on 2 plates. Add the salmon and spoon over the spinach sauce. Top with the tomatoes and serve with new potatoes.
Click here for more great recipes from “The People’s Friend”. And if fish is your dish, we have quite a haul for you.
If you can’t get to the shops just now for your “Friend”, subscribe now by clicking here. It means your magazine will come straight to your door every week — all you have to do is put the kettle on!
You can also take out a digital subscription, meaning your issue will come straight to your computer, tablet or phone! And it’s great value for money. Click here for more details.