- 2-3 medium-sized peppered smoked mackerel fillets
- 200 g (7 oz) reduced fat or “light” soft cheese
- Small bunch of chives, chopped very finely, plus extra to garnish
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- To Serve: oatcakes.
We’re big fans of fish here at the “Friend”, which is why we’re excited to try this Smoked Mackerel Pâté recipe.
Adding fish to your diet, of course, has some well-known health benefits. It’s packed with important nutrients, it may lower your risk of heart attacks and strokes, and boost brain health.
Plus, it’s delicious!
Try this recipe today.
- Remove all skin and bones from the mackerel fillets.
- Break up the fillets into pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the soft cheese, most of the chives and lemon juice and mix well.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, spoon the pâté into individual ramekin dishes. Garnish with a few extra chives and serve with oatcakes.
Click here for more great recipes from “The People’s Friend”.
If you can’t get to the shops just now for your “Friend”, subscribe now by clicking here. It means your magazine will come straight to your door every week — all you have to do is put the kettle on!
You can also take out a digital subscription, meaning your issue will come straight to your computer, tablet or phone! And it’s great value for money. Click here for more details.