- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red or green chilli, chopped finely
- 100 g (3½ oz) raw king prawns
- 1 x 213 g can white crab meat
- 1 x can coconut milk
- 300 ml (½ pt) vegetable stock
- ½ x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400 g can green beans
- 1 x 300 g can sliced carrots
- 200 g (7 oz) rice noodles
- 1 lime, halved
- A good handful of chopped coriander
If you like your soups a little spicier than most, then this Crab And King Prawn Laksa is the recipe you’ve been waiting for!
- In a saucepan, warm the sesame oil and gently fry the garlic, spring onions and chilli.
- Once these are soft, add in the king prawns, crab meat, coconut milk, stock, tomatoes and the vegetables and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain.
- Divide the noodles into soup bowls, spoon out the broth on to each and serve with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of coriander.
And there you have it — a delicious seafood laksa. Perfect for a tasty lunchtime treat.
Click here for more great recipes from “The People’s Friend”. If it’s soup that you’re after, why not try Creamy Fenland Celery Soup With Stilton Cheese? Or if you’re in a bit of a hurry, try Speedy Pea And Mint Soup instead!
If you can’t get to the shops just now for your “Friend”, subscribe now by clicking here. It means your magazine will come straight to your door every week — all you have to do is put the kettle on!
You can also take out a digital subscription, meaning your issue will come straight to your computer, tablet or phone! And it’s great value for money. Click here for more details.