- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg. C., 350 deg. F., Gas Mark 4.
- Take the cod and pile a quarter of the watercress along the top of the two fillets (reserving the rest for later) along with the chilli and garlic. Carefully wrap the cod and its topping in the slices of Parma ham. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until the cod is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring 360 ml (12½ fl oz) of water to the boil. Add the brown rice, stir and leave to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the water is all absorbed and the rice cooked.
- Add the onion, tomatoes and olives to a hot pan and lightly sauté. Once the rice is cooked, add to the pan and mix together, adding pepper to taste.
- Spoon some of the brown rice mixture on to a plate. Place the remaining watercress on top. Remove the cod from the oven and place on top.