- Make up the bread mix according to pack instructions. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes. Place in a large lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Stand in a warm place and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough lightly for 1 minute, then roll out into a rectangle measuring approximately 50 x 30 cm (20 x 12 in).
- Mix together the filling ingredients and spread over the dough, leaving a 2 cm (¾ in) border around one long edge. From the other long edge, roll the rectangle into a sausage-shape, pressing the long edge to seal it. Curl the roll into a circle, sealing the ends together.
- Lift the ring on to a large greased baking sheet, then cut 16 even slices, without cutting right through, keeping the circular shape. Twist each slice so that the cut surface lies upwards. Leave in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes to rise.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg. C., 400 deg. F., Gas Mark 6. Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes until risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- To glaze, dissolve the caster sugar in 4 tablespoons of boiling water and simmer for 2 minutes. Brush over the garland and leave until cold. Mix the icing sugar with a little cold water and drizzle over the top. Serve, decorated with small Easter eggs, if using.