- Mix the flour, salt and curry powder together in a large bowl and add the chicken pieces, mixing well with your hands to ensure that every piece is coated thoroughly.
- Heat a generous knob of butter in a large saucepan until melted then add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the coated chicken pieces to the saucepan and fry until nicely browned all over.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil then turn down the heat, cover and allow to simmer gently until the sauce is reduced by half, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- When nearly ready to serve, add a knob of butter to a frying-pan and fry the Spanish onions until lightly caramelised.
- Serve the curry with the rice and a sprinkling of fried onions.