- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg. C., 350 deg. F., Gas Mark 4.
- Place the butter, golden syrup, vanilla extract and sugar into a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat. When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs to the mixture in the pan and stir well.
- Arrange the pecan halves evenly in the pastry case and carefully pour the syrup mixture over.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes – the pie will be golden-brown, but the filling should still be slightly soft.
- Leave the pie to cool on a wire tray. Serve with a good dollop of whipped cream.