To Serve: .
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg. C., 400 deg. F., Gas Mark 6. Line a 12-hole, deep muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and orange zest into a mixing bowl and stir together. Mix together the eggs, milk, melted butter and orange juice and then add these to the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix the ingredients together, adding the chopped strawberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, filling them almost to the top. Place a strawberry into the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until well risen, golden and firm to the touch. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- To make the mint syrup, place the sugar, 200 ml (7 fl oz) water and mint leaves into a small pan. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture has reduced by about half. Sieve to remove mint leaves and pour into a jug.
- 7 Serve the muffins with a large dollop of clotted cream and a drizzle of mint syrup.