We don’t think about our feet enough! Just as we manicure our fingernails, it’s important to give our toenails a bit of TLC as well.
- Wash your feet regularly with soap and water and dry thoroughly.
- Trim the nail straight across to prevent it digging into the surrounding skin.
- Gently push the skin away from the suspected ingrown toenail using a cotton bud.
- Wear comfortable shoes that provide space around your toes.
- Use paracetamol to help relieve any pain an ingrowing toenail causes.
- Visit a podiatrist or GP if the ingrown toenail gets worse or becomes infected.