- I red onion
- 3 cloves of smoked garlic
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 150ml stock
- 400g minced beef
- 1 large jar of ready made white sauce
- 150g Grated cheddar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Lasagne sheets
Luckily for my family, I am a maverick in the kitchen. Mostly at creating new recipes, sometimes I miss, (okay, okay, mostly I miss), but when I do create a hit, it’s worth eating again and again. This Beef and Chorizo Lasagne is one of those hits!
- Brown mince and set aside.
- Pop the chorizo into a non-stick frying pan, and cook gently.
- Chop garlic and onion and add to the chorizo, the oil released from the sausage should be enough to cook these, but do add a little more if it’s too dry for you.
- Add the mince and give a good stir, then add in the smoked paprika, tinned tomatoes, puree, and stock. Stir and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Layer sauce in a dish with alternate layers of white sauce and meat sauce.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top, cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook until the cheese browns and bubbles.