- Pack of chicken drumsticks and/ or thighs (about 8 bits)
- 2 medium onions
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 1x can chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more, if preferred)
- 1 green pepper
- 150 ml soured cream
- Noodles and/or rice, to serve
This chicken paprika is a classic in our house.
The best comfort food is often the simplest. Although it takes a wee bit of time to prepare, it’s not time spent on prep or assembly, just cooking time.
It’s an easy set of ingredients that rustle up into something really nourishing.
It serves 4 happily, and frankly if there’s any sauce and noodles left over they’ll make a brilliant supper or lighter lunch the next day on their own!
- Brown off the chicken in a pan in oil. Chop the onions.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside, then add the onions to the pan, reduce the heat and cook until soft. Pre-heat oven to 180 deg. C.
- Chuck the chicken and the onion into a casserole. Add the flour, paprika and cayenne and stir in thoroughly.
- Once the oil is all absorbed, add the stock and the chopped tomatoes. Season thoroughly. Pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Chop the green pepper, and add it to the casserole, then return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Time the cooking of the rice and/ or noodles to coincide with the end of the casserole’s cooking time.
- Spoon the soured cream on to the chicken, swirl and serve. It’s best to pop a little bowl on the table so you can get the bones out the way as you go along.
Voila, a chicken paprika guaranteed to leave you with a smile on your face.
We even offer gifts and discounts for taking out a subscription with us!