- 200g dairy free butter
- 180ml maple syrup
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 1tsp almond extract
- 500g jumbo oats
- 200g glace cherries
- 50g flaked almonds
- 150g icing sugar
A great recipe for sharing, this tasty tray bake has a wonderful texture and flavours of maple syrup, almonds and glace cherries…
Cooking time: 25-30min
- Pre-heat the oven to Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 3 and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Place the dairy free butter, maple syrup, golden caster sugar and almond extract into a pan over a medium heat. Stir until the mixture melts and combines together.
- Once combined, slowly add the oats until all the liquid has been soaked up and the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Add the glace cherries, saving some for the topping. Gently mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down.
- Top with the remaining glace cherries and flaked almonds.
- Bake for around 25-30min, or until lightly golden. Leave to cool.
- Add a little water to the icing sugar until you have the right consistency and, using a spoon, drizzle over the tray bake.
Send in yours!
If you try this sweet treat recipe, “The People’s Friend” team would love to see your creation! You can send a photo to peoplesfriend@ for a chance to be shared on social media or in the magazine!
Get the issue!
You’ll find a whole spread of delicious home-made dessert recipes inside the May 13 issue of the “Friend”, on sale May 10. Available online or from most major supermarkets and newsagents. Or, to make sure you never miss our delicious recipes, you can subscribe to get every issue delivered straight to your door each week.
Check out our Cookery section for more recipes.