- 1 onion, diced
- 400g minced beef
- 4 tsp chipotle chilli paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Guacamole, ready made or home made
- 4 Mission Plain XL Wraps
- 250g pouch Mexican rice
- 190g can sweetcorn, drained
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Fresh tomato salsa, to serve
Chilli beef, rice and Cheddar cheese combine so well in this tasty recipe from Mission Wraps
Preperation time: 20min
Cooking time: 45min
- Fry the onion and beef in a large saucepan to brown, stir in the chipotle paste and cook for 1-2min. Add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans, cover and simmer for 15min.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 5min. Once the beans are softened, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Fan Oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Spread the guacamole down the centre of each tortilla, top with a line of Mexican rice then add the mince alongside the rice. Sprinkle with the sweetcorn, cheese and lettuce.
- Fold in the 2 sides of the tortilla and roll up. Wrap tightly in foil. Bake on a metal baking tray for 20-25min.
Cook’s tip: For a vegan option, replace the minced beef mixture with refried beans and use a vegan grated cheese alternative.
In this week’s issue of “The People’s Friend”, on sale August 2, we have a wonderful spread of recipes all featuring healthy nuts.