- 300g Carr’s 00 Pizza & Pasta Flour
- 1 packet Quick Yeast (7g)
- 1tsp salt
- 200ml warm water
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 8tbsp good quality passata
- 2 mozzarella balls
- Parmesan (optional)
- 1 bundle British asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced in half if they are large
- 3-4 rashers of Pancetta (per pizza)
Make this delicious pizza and serve with a seasonal side salad – ideal for al fresco dining in the garden
Preparation time: 30min, plus one hour for proving dough
- Prepare your pizza dough by combining the flour, yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and add the warm water and olive oil.
- Bring everything together to form a dough – it will be quite sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10-15min until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Return the dough to the mixing bowl and cover with cling film or a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for at least an hour to double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, turn your grill onto it’s maximum temperature and have your topping station ready – passata in a bowl with a spoon, mozzarella drained and torn into pieces, asparagus sliced and pancetta rashers ready.
- Place a frying pan that can go in the oven over a medium heat on the hob to heat up.
- Knock the dough back and divide it into 2 portions, leave one in the bowl covered and shape the other into a ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough out into a circle the size of the pan you are using then carefully transfer it to the frying pan.
- Turn the hob to maximum and give the base a few minutes to crisp up, checking it regularly to make sure it isn’t burning.
- Once it looks nice and golden, top the pizza with 4tbsp of passata, mozzarella, parmesan, asparagus and pancetta then place the whole thing under the grill.
- Leave it for 2-3min then check it, rotate it if necessary and repeat until the cheese and pancetta has started to blister and the edges of the pizza dough have gone nice and golden.
- Carefully remove the pan using an oven glove or tea towel and transfer the cooked pizza to a serving plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and some dried herbs/chilli flakes if you want to and enjoy!
- Repeat the same process (steps 9-14) for the second ball of dough – if you have two pans that are oven safe you can be preparing the second one whilst the first one is under the grill.