- 450 g (16 fl oz) Sweet Eve strawberries
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 130 g (4½ oz) caster sugar
- 250 g (9 oz) whole milk, unset yoghurt
- 2 tbs of freshly chopped mint, plus 4 extra sprigs for decoration
- To Serve: finely chopped fresh pineapple
Been out in the sun this summer? This delightful yoghurt could be just the thing to help you cool down!
- Slice the strawberries into small pieces and place them with the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan. Warm gently, mixing well with a wooden spoon. Mash the strawberries with the back of the wooden spoon as the sugar dissolves and the mixture warms. Set the cooked strawberries aside to cool, covered.
- Mix together the yoghurt and mint in a bowl and then add the strawberries.
- Spoon the yoghurt mixture into 4 individual serving glasses, moulds or plastic ice-lolly moulds and freeze for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, take the serving glasses or moulds out of the freezer. Dip into warm water to unmould on a plate. Serve with finely chopped fresh pineapple and decorate with the reserved sprigs of fresh mint.
Still hungry? Check out this tasty recipe for Blueberry And Yoghurt American-style Pancakes.
We publish plenty of delicious recipes in “The People’s Friend” every week. If you haven’t subscribed to the magazine yet . . . well, you don’t know what you’re missing!
We even offer gifts and discounts for taking our a subscription with us!