Everyone’s skin becomes thinner and drier with age, and dry skin tends to be rough and itchy. Here are some top tips to keep your skin feeling fresh.
- Dry skin can be made worse by bathing or washing too often, especially in hot water.
- Try adding emollient to your bath water. It “clings” to skin, so remember to pat dry and not rub it off.
- Keep nails short, or rub itchy skin with your fingers, as scratching may break the surface and cause infection.
- Moisturiser can be used to soothe an itch. Try keeping it in the fridge as the coolness is soothing.
- Speak to your GP or pharmacist if dry skin persists. Some medications can cause skin irritation or itching.
Our last health bite.