- A little butter, for greasing
- 50 g (2 oz) peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch sea salt
- 10 cherries, pitted
This has been such a good year for the cherry harvest.
Sweet and juicy, they’ve been a real treat — one that we’ve been enjoying a lot in the office!
If you’re lucky you can still find some in the shops, and this recipe by Penny Stephens for Love Fresh Cherries is a great way to make even more of them.
- Arrange 10 paper or silicone cases on a tray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Using around two thirds of the chocolate, spoon a little into the cases and brush up the sides. Then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes until set.
- In a bowl, combine the peanut butter with the honey and stir. Spoon the mixture into the chocolate cases to just below the rim. Top with a cherry, pushing it down into the mixture slightly, then spoon over the remaining melted chocolate, enclosing the mixture completely. Chill until the mixture is set.
- They can remain in the fridge, covered for 3 to 4 days, or you can freeze them. Defrost for 5 to 10 minutes before eating.
Did you know that the humble cherry has a whole host of health benefits?