- 275 g (9½ oz) wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 15 g (½ oz) pine nuts
- 200 g (7 oz) small broccoli florets
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- To Serve: Parmesan or vegetarian equivalent.
This Spaghetti With Egg And Broccoli recipe will help you put a tasty new spin on a good, old-fashioned Italian staple.
Not only that, it’s easy — and quick! Take a look below.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying-pan. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and pine nuts and cook for a further minute or so until the onion and nuts are golden.
- Place the broccoli florets in the pan with the spaghetti, stir and cook for a further 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and keep warm.
- Beat the eggs with the seasoning and add to the frying-pan. Cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the eggs are set and scrambled the way you like.
- Add the spaghetti to the frying-pan along with the parsley and toss together to mix. Serve on warm plates with a little Parmesan, or vegetarian equivalent, if liked.
It’s as simple as that! Enjoy!
If you try this recipe out, why not tweet us and show us how it turned out?
For more great recipes from the pages of “The People’s Friend”, click here.