Get ready for Easter weekend with our Easter craft! Here’s how to paint floral ceramic (or normal!) eggs from Hobbycraft.
You will need:
- Hobbycraft Ceramic Eggs, pack of six
- Pebeo Studio Gouache Poster Paint 12ml 12 Pack (or similar)
- Water pot
- Paint brush
- Old plate to mix colours (optional)
- Paint three large teardrops that all join at the same point and colour in with the same shade of paint.
- Repeat this shape opposite in a smaller size, then, taking a shade of green, paint two lines that curve from the bottom of the flower. Add leaf shapes along the lines to create a foliage motif.
- Repeat this to create a bunch of foliage that gathers between the floral motifs. Once the layers are dry you can add detail such as lighter highlight on the floral petals.
- Paint small lines that make up bud branches working outwards from your florals. Create these with singular brushstroke lines and dabs of colour for the buds.
- For this design, make sure you aren’t using too much water and have a thicker consistency of gouache on your brush so you can press down and use the bristles to make the petal shapes. Try to keep the centre unpainted. Repeat across the egg, aiming to keep an equal distance between all the motifs.
- Using a contrasting shade, pop a dot in the centre of the floral shapes to complete your ditsy-style pattern.
- Paint a five-petal floral by painting ovals that all join together around an imaginary circle in the middle.
- Add leaf shapes in green, working outwards from the floral shapes. Add highlights when leaves are dry. Using red, fill in the centre of each flower.
For details of your nearest Hobbycraft store or to order direct, visit www.hobbycraft.co.uk or telephone 0330 026 1400. The People’s Friend team would love to see your creations. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be shared on social media or in the magazine!