- 250 g (9 oz) vegan dark chocolate buttons
- 150 g (5¼ oz) icing sugar
- 2 tbs brown rice sugar
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 4 tsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
It’s the start of the Easter weekend and we’ve got a delicious vegan creme egg recipe for you to try! Cater for everyone at your Easter feast.
This vegan creme egg recipe and images are courtesy of AO at Home.
Makes: around 20 small whole eggs or 40 halves
Time: 30 minutes
You’ll need a silicone mould for small eggs (or better still, two silicone moulds!)
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.)
- Spoon a little of the melted chocolate into each mould and “drag” it up the sides with the spoon, then put the mould into your freezer to set.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients except the turmeric to the icing sugar and mix until you have a smooth paste.
- Take about a third of the mix and put it into a second bowl. Add the turmeric powder to the second bowl and mix.
- Take the mould with the chocolate out of the freezer.
- Now, add a little of the white fondant to each chocolate shell, enough to roughly fill half of the shell, then add a small dollop of the yellow fondant. Top off with a bit more of the white fondant, but don’t fill the shells completely.
- Finish with another layer of chocolate making sure it “joins up” with the edges of the shells.
- Pop the mould back into the freezer to set
- Once set, press the eggs out of the mould. To present, put two halves together into a bowl.
The People’s Friend team would love to see your creations. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be shared on social media or in the magazine!