- 3 rashers lean streaky bacon
- 25 g (1 oz) walnut pieces
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 75 g (2¾ oz) spinach, watercress and rocket salad leaves
- ½ avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grill the bacon for about 5 minutes, turning until it is crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Toast the walnut pieces under the grill until pale golden.
- Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with 2½ cm (1 cm) of boiling water and place on a high heat. Gently stir the eggs and set the timer for 5 minutes (longer if you want firmer yolks).
- Meanwhile, arrange the salad leaves in a bowl. Add the avocado, bacon and walnuts.
- Drain the eggs, and rinse in cold running water. When cool enough to handle, tap the shells all over and peel away. Cut in half and leave to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and honey together with seasoning. Pour over the salad and toss well until coated.
- Top with the eggs and serve.
The People’s Friend team would love to see your creations. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be shared on social media or in the magazine!