- 150 g (5½ oz) digestive biscuits
- 75 g (2¾ oz) butter, melted
- 25 g (1 oz) Crazy Jack Pumpkin Seeds
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) cream cheese
- 150 g (5½ oz) mascarpone
- 200 g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) double cream
- 100 g (3½ oz) Crazy Jack Sultanas
- To Serve: fresh berries
This luscious New York Baked Cheesecake recipe from Crazy Jack Organic makes the perfect dessert, just in time for National Cheesecake Day! Change it up with different fruit toppings, or use ginger snaps or shortbread for the base.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 deg. C., 325 deg. F., Gas Mark 3.
- Remove the base of a 21 cm (8¼-in) springform cake tin. Place a sheet of baking parchment over it and top with the ring of the tin and seal shut. Trim off excess parchment around the outside.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz to give fine crumbs, stir in the butter and pumpkin seeds and press into the base of the cake tin. Chill while you make the filling.
- Whisk the cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla essence and eggs together until just combined and smooth. Stir in the cream and sultanas and pour into the tin. Place the tin on a baking tray and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Increase the oven to 180 deg. C, 350 deg. F., Gas Mark 4 and cook for a further 35 to 40 minutes until just turning golden but the centre still has a slight wobble. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside until cooled. Chill overnight. Top with fresh berries to serve.
Send it in!
The People’s Friend team would love to see your creations. You can send them to peoplesfriend@for a chance to be shared on social media or in the magazine!