- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) turkey mince
- 40 g (1½ oz) breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 10 g (¼ oz) parsley, stems removed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- For the Tomato Sauce:
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) spaghetti
- To Serve: grated Parmesan; garlic bread; green salad.
This delicious Saucy Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe from Instant Brands is made in your multicooker, cutting down the time and energy needed to cook spaghetti sauce on the hob. It also freezes really well. Just pop the meatballs and sauce in a suitable sealed container and freeze for up to three months.
Multicooker Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Method
- Place the turkey mince in a bowl, then add the breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and egg. Mix the ingredients until combined and then form into small meatballs, just smaller than a golf ball.
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and set the time to 10 minutes. Add a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the meatballs into the inner pot and Sauté until golden brown all over, but not cooked through, then remove from the pot.
- To make the tomato sauce, add a little more oil to the inner pot and then add the onion and carrot, and continue sautéing until the veg begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute then add 125 ml (4 fl oz) water and deglaze the base of the inner pot.
- Press cancel, and pour the chopped tomatoes on top of the vegetable mixture, but do not stir.
- Secure the lid, and select Pressure Cook and set the time to 15 minutes.
- While the sauce cooks, cook your pasta according to the packet instructions. Once cooked drain, but reserve a little of the pasta water.
- When the pot has finished cooking, perform a quick pressure release and remove the lid. Using a hand blender, smooth the tomato sauce. Add some of the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce slightly.
- Place the meatballs in the sauce and secure the lid again. Select Pressure Cook and set the time for 0 minutes to cook them through. When the cooking program finishes, perform a quick pressure release, then spoon the meatballs and sauce over your cooked pasta.
- Serve immediately topped with grated Parmesan.
Send in yours!
If you try our multicooker spaghetti and meatballs recipe, “The People’s Friend” team would love to see your creations. You can send them to peoplesfriend@for a chance to be shared on social media or in the magazine!
You’ll find more energy saving recipes in this week’s issue of the “Friend”. Available online or from most major supermarkets and newsagents. Or, to make sure you never miss our delicious recipes, you can subscribe to get every issue delivered straight to your door each week.
Check out our Cookery section for more recipes.