- Pinch salt
- 240 g (8½ oz) basmati rice
- 120 g (4¼ oz) cashews
- 1 tbs rapeseed oil
- 170 g (6 oz) tofu, diced
- 2 tbs honey
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 tbs Kikkoman naturally brewed soy sauce
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 150 g (5¼ oz) carrots, shredded finely
- 1 red pepper, sliced finely
- ½ red cabbage, shredded finely
- 2 avocados, flesh cut into cubes
- 300 g (10½ oz) edamame beans
- 1 mango, flesh cut into pieces
- 200 g (7 oz) mung bean sprouts
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
There’s a whole spectrum of colour, taste and nutrition in this delicious Rainbow Bowl recipe!
Method For Rainbow Bowl Recipe
- In a large saucepan, bring about 2 litres of water to the boil with a good pinch of salt. Add the basmati rice and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying-pan, remove and set aside.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in the frying-pan, add the tofu and fry. Dice tofu and fry in rapeseed oil. Add one tablespoon of the honey, the chilli flakes and one tablespoon of the Kikkoman soy sauce.
- To make a dressing, add 150 ml (¼ pt) of water to a bowl and stir in the remaining soy sauce and honey along with the lemon juice.
- Distribute the finished rice into 4 bowls. Top with the tofu, cashews, vegetables and mango. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with the dressing.
Get the issue!
You’ll find more rainbow recipes in this week’s issue of the “Friend”. Available online or from most major supermarkets and newsagents. Or, to make sure you never miss our delicious recipes, you can subscribe to get every issue delivered straight to your door each week.
Check out our Cookery section for more recipes.