- 300g plain flour
- 130g sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 225g, plus 15g cold butter, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 45g rolled oats
- 55g slivered almonds
- 45g light brown sugar
- 65g fresh raspberries
- 55g fresh blueberries
- 50g fresh strawberries, sliced
- 120ml raspberry jam
- 15ml lemon juice
Buttery, crumbly and utterly delicious, this easy recipe is bursting with the delightful taste of berries.
Makes: 24 slices
Preparation time: 20min
Cooking time: 25min
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, Fan Oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Line a 23cm x 33cm baking tin with parchment paper.
- Fit your Food Processor with the multipurpose blade and put the flour, sugar and salt into the work bowl. Pulse 2-3 times to combine. Add 225g butter to the flour mixture and pulse 5-6 times until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Remove 55g of the mixture and set aside.
- Press the remaining butter-flour mixture in to the prepared pan in an even layer. Bake for 12-14min until it begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- While the crust is baking, place the reserved butter-flour mixture back into the work bowl.
- Add the rolled oats, almonds, brown sugar and pulse 2 to 3 times. Add the remaining 15g cold butter and pulse 2 to 3 times until the crumble is pea sized. Transfer to a bowl and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- Place the berries with the raspberry jam and lemon juice in the work bowl. Pulse 3 to 4 times to lightly mash.
- Spread the berry mixture evenly over the warm crust. Pinch some of the topping together to make larger chunks and sprinkle over the berry layer. Return to the oven and bake for 20-25min until bubbly and golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
The KitchenAid 2.1L Food Processor (RRP £199) is available from kitchenaid.co.uk.