- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, about 600 g (1 lb 5 oz), skin removed
- For the Marinade:
- 4tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2.5 cm (1 in) root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1tbsp chopped chives
- 1tbsp chopped coriander
A warming dish with all the delicious flavours of autumn.
- Put all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the salmon. Cover and transfer to the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Toss the sliced fennel with a little olive oil and spread in an even layer over the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Roast for 25min, stirring occasionally, then remove from the oven.
- Lay the salmon fillets on top of the fennel and spoon the marinade over. Return to the oven for 8-10min or until the salmon is cooked through, then serve.
Send it in!
If you try our salmon recipe, “The People’s Friend” team would love to see your creations. You can send them to peoplesfriend@for a chance to be shared on social media or in the magazine!
Check out our Cookery section for more recipes.