- 2 x sweet potatoes
- 200 g (7 oz) Braeburn apples, skin on and diced finely
- 100 g (3½ oz) fennel, diced
- 50 g (1¾ oz) baby tomatoes, diced
- 75 g (2¾ oz) spring onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil (avocado or hemp oil also works well)
- 5 g (1/8 oz) coriander, chopped finely (including stalks)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas in water
- 1 clove garlic, grated finely
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
If being stuck at home during these last few months has left you scrambling for meal ideas, we have the perfect solution for your next lockdown lunch: Roast Sweet Potato With Braeburn Apple And Fennel Salsa.
It’s simple, healthy and filling. If we’re honest, it’s perfect for dinner, too!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg. C., 350 deg. F., Gas Mark 4.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes tightly in baking paper and roast in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes until soft.
- Toss all the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl and mix through with clean hands.
- Split each sweet potato open and fill with salsa.
If you can’t get to the shops just now for your “Friend”, subscribe now by clicking here. We have some great deals on at moment to make this as affordable as possible. And your “Friend” will come straight to your doorstep!
You can also take out a digital subscription, meaning your issue will come straight to your computer, tablet or phone! And it’s great value for money. Click here for more details.