- 125 g (5 oz) mangetout
- 200 g (8 oz) peas
- 200 g (8 oz) edamame beans
- 120 g (5 oz) radishes, sliced thinly
- 150 g (6 oz) carrot, sliced thinly
- 150 g (6 oz) fresh pea shoots, chopped roughly
- 90 g (4 oz) cashew nuts
- 150 g (6 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- For the Dressing:
- 100 ml (4 fl oz) cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 30 ml (2 tbs) white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 35 g (1½ oz) fresh finely chopped mint
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
This Picnic Week, we have a delicious selection of recipes from the National Trust cafes for you to enjoy. Picnic Week runs from June 19-27 this year. It’s the perfect opportunity to pack a tasty selection of snacks and find an idyllic spot to relax and chat!
- To make dressing, place the oil, white wine vinegar, caster sugar, half the mint and a little salt and pepper to taste, in a pan. Put on the hob and heat gently on a medium heat until just simmering, remove straightaway and leave to cool.
- To make the salad, in a steamer or in a saucepan of boiling salted water, lightly cook the mangetout, peas and edamame beans until al dente. Remove and rinse in ice cold water before draining.
- Place the radishes and carrots into a bowl along with the remaining finely chopped mint.
- Add the pea shoots and combine with the carrot and radish mix, then add the mangetout, peas and edamame beans.
- Toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying-pan, taking care not to burn them; then, when cool, chop them roughly .
- Lightly dress the ingredients and mix together until evenly combined.
- Place the salad mix in a bowl; crumble over the feta cheese and cashew nuts.
- Finish with an extra drizzle of the dressing and serve.
For more recipes from “The People’s Friend”, click here.
For another tasty picnic treat, why not try this Picnic Week: Roasted Vegetable Brioche Baguette!