- 350 g (12 oz) tagliatelle
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 75 g (2¾ oz) button mushrooms
- 150 g (5½ oz) white closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g (5½ oz) large flat mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 150 ml half fat creme fraiche
- To garnish, chopped flat leaf parsley
We’re bringing you another great vegetarian recipe this week: a cockle-warming, creamy mushroom stroganoff — with three different types of mushrooms!
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions until just tender.
- Whilst the pasta cooks make the sauce. Heat the oil in a large frying-pan.When hot, add the onion and the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes over a high heat until golden brown. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add the sherry, puree, mustard and lemon juice and stir.Cook for about 30 seconds, stirring all the time. Next, stir in the creme fraiche and cook over a gentle heat until piping hot. Season to taste.
- Drain the tagliatelle and divide between four bowls. Top with the mushroom mixture and scatter over the parsley.
We’re sure you’ll agree: a creamy mushroom stroganoff is a unique take on an old favourite.