- 1 tbs olive oil
- 350 g (12 oz) flour
- 160 g (5½ oz) grated sweet potato, or carrot
- 80 g (2¾ oz) grated courgette
- 150 g (5½ oz) Alpro Go On Plain
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- To Serve: smoked salmon & dill or roasted courgette & shoots, hummus & smoked ham or fresh fruit or fruit compote.
August 10-16 is Afternoon Tea Week here in the UK — and with all the sunshine at the moment, it’s the perfect time to enjoy some of these lovely scones in the garden!
- Pre-heat oven to 240 deg. C., 475 deg. F., Gas Mark 9.
- Mix the olive oil with the flour, then add the grated sweet potato (or carrot) and courgette.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and knead well. Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough until it has a thickness of 2 cm (¾ in). Place circles of dough on to a greased baking sheet. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with Alpro Go On Plain and an additional topping, like smoked salmon and dill, roasted courgette and shoots, hummus and smoked ham, or for breakfast with fresh fruit or fruit compote.
Click here for more great recipes from “The People’s Friend”. If it’s a nice treat for Afternoon Tea Week you’re looking for, why not try this amazing Avocado And Lime Loaf? Or what about these berrilicious Oat Pancakes?
If you can’t get to the shops just now for your “Friend”, subscribe now by clicking here. It means your magazine will come straight to your door every week — all you have to do is put the kettle on!
You can also take out a digital subscription, meaning your issue will come straight to your computer, tablet or phone! And it’s great value for money. Click here for more details.