- 450 g (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 2 tbs barbecue spice rub
- 225 ml (8 oz) FRENCH’S® Kansas City Classic BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 x rustic 6-in rolls, split and toasted
- To Serve: sliced red onions; greens and sweetcorn.
British Sandwich Week is held every year from 16-22 May, which gives us the perfect excuse to share this delicious Pulled Pork Sandwich recipe with you!
- Heat the grill to medium-high. (Alternatively, pre-heat the oven to 220 deg. C., 425 deg. F., Gas Mark 7 and grease a baking dish.)
- Season the pork with spice rub. Grill the pork under the pre-heated grill for 25 minutes or until well browned and no longer pink in the centre (71 deg. C., 160 deg. F., internal temperature, if using a catering thermometer). (Alternatively, place pork in the prepared baking dish and roast in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes until well browned and no longer pink in the centre.) Allow the cooked meat to rest for
- Cut the meat into 7.5 cm (3 in) pieces. Using two forks, shred the meat with the grain into bite-size pieces. Transfer to a saucepan. Stir in FRENCH’S® Kansas City Classic BBQ Sauce, the vinegar and crushed red pepper, and heat through.
- Put your pulled pork sandwich together, and top with sliced red onion, greens and corn if desired
We have a whole range of lovely pork recipes here on our website, including these Jerk Pork Medallions With Pineapple Salsa, Slow-roasted Pork With Braised Leeks And Kale, and Pork Meatballs With Homemade Baked Beans. Try them today!
Can’t get to the shops just now for your “Friend”, subscribe now by clicking here. It means your magazine will come straight to your door every week — all you have to do is put the kettle on!
You can also take out a digital subscription, meaning your issue will come straight to your computer, tablet or phone! And it’s great value for money. Click here for more details.