Today (September 27) is World Tourism Day, when we all get together to celebrate travel and everything connected with it — from seeing new places and meeting new people, to learning about other cultures and giving much-needed funds to local economies.
It’s no secret that we’re big fans of travel here at “The People’s Friend”. Fans of the magazine wait excitedly for the latest updates from the likes of Willie Shand, Neil McAllister, Gilly Pickup and Pat Coulter.
Here are some of our favourites from recent issues, or from right here on our website.
- Gillian Thornton visits London’s Garden Museum.
- Susie Kearley investigates the life of famed explorer Captain James Cook, in the sleepy seaside town of Whitby.
- In pre-pandemic times, Editor Angela visits Shanghai Museum.
- Willie Shand takes a trip to the National Wallace Monument.
- Editor Angela discovers a spectacular church built into the mountainside in Garda, northern Italy.
- At the beginning of the first coronavirus lockdown, the whole “Friend” team got out and about. Read our adventures here.
We also offer some great tips for would be travellers (for when it’s safe to do so again!), including:
- How to make the most of your caravan holiday experience.
- Money-saving tips for your next staycation.
- Our top packing tips.
- Knowing your travel rights.
Today, we asked our readers and fans over on Facebook where they would like to visit the most.
Why not join in the conversation and let us know your next destination? You can also let us know on Twitter, too!
For more on World Tourism Day, click here to visit the United Nations website.
Click here for more travel features and tips from “The People’s Friend”, click here. Or you can subscribe to the magazine here, and enjoy new travel features every week, delivered straight to your door.